Saturday, April 07, 2018

Exploring J.R.R. Tolkien's 'The Hobbit' by: Corey Olsen

   After buying my Lord of the Rings themed style t-shirts from a local clothing store. I proceeded to my usual favorite place which is the bookstore! I bought Prof. Corey Olsen's book, entitled, Exploring J.R.R. Tolkien's, The Hobbit. If you don't know who Corey Olsen is. I have seen bits of his video in YouTube, and he's known for promoting the works of our beloved J.R.R. Tolkien. I also share his endeavor because as an official member of The Tolkien Society (U.K.). It is our joy to spread and promote the works of the late J.R.R. Tolkien. Aside from The Hobbit, and The Lord of the Rings, he has written a lot of books. Through the expertise, and dedication of his son, Sir Christopher Tolkien, all his works are now made available for all of us.

Anyway back to the book. I still haven't read The Hobbit, but I have seen the movie/s. I plan to read if after I have finished reading The Silmarillion. I bought this book as a supplement to The Hobbit. I am sure that I will also learn how to scholarly digest a book through this work of Prof. Olsen. He is also the founder of an online learning institution which is the Signum University which he founded in 2012.

From amazon.com, I got this description: "An admirable and thought provoking consideration of the underlying themes of The Hobbit. This is a fun, thoughtful, and insightful companion volume designed to bring a thorough and original new reading of this great work to a general audience."

So if you are interested in reading and buying this book. There are a lot of online book shops, and there's a local specialty bookstore wherein you can request for a special order of books not available locally. As always, Happy reading!

No comments: