Thursday, October 12, 2023

The SpongeBob Musical: Live on Stage!

                   I enjoy watching musicals. During my highschool years, our school let us watch a musical about popular Filipino folktales. During my college days for our English project our class produced a musical, Joseph the Dreamer, I played as the Pharaoh here. I still remember a few of my lines. As an adult I had the chance to watch a real play at Solaire Resort, The Phantom of the Opera which I really enjoyed. 

I just finished watching The SpongeBob Musical (tv special) today. When I started watching it last week, I find it not that interesting because SpongeBob was a human here and not a sponge. The actor who played SpongeBob is Ethan Slayer. Danny Skinner played the role of Patrick Star, Lilli Cooper played the role of Sandy Cheeks, Nick Blemire played the role of Plankton, Stephanie Hsu played the role of Karen PlanktonCarlos Lopez played the role of Eugene KrabsEmmy Raver-Lampman played the role of Mr. Krabs daughter, Pearl, Jason Michael Snow as Patchy the Pirate, Gaelen Gilliland as The Mayor, Kelvin Moon Loh as the reporter Perch Perkins, Abby Smith as Mrs. PuffMark Ledbetter as Old Man Jenkins, Allan Washington as Larry the Lobster, Curtis Holbrook, L'ogan J'ones and JC Schuste as the rock band The Electric Skates, Oneika Philips, John Rua, Lauralun McClelland, Robert Taylor Jr. as the Sardine Corps and of course, my most favorite character in SpongeBob SquarePants cartoons and also here in this musical is Squidward Tentacles, played by Gavin Lee. His costume here is amazing as a human he has an extra set of legs. He also has a nice hair color sort of blue green. Tom Kenny voiced (pre-recorded) Gary the Snail

Spoilers here, I just want to say better watch out for the performance of Squidward here. It is one of the highlights of the musical for a fan like me. I so love his costumes. I really can see myself in his character that's why I like Squidward. So on point! I included in this post a screen shot of his performance. You better see this tv musical special if you are really a true SpongeBobians/SquarePantisan. I also like one of the songs from the musical, entitled Bikini Bottom day. So if you have not seen this, you better watch it now! 






No comments: