Monday, February 12, 2018

The Princess Bride Book (Deluxe Edition)

  I bought this book as a heart's day treat for myself. I have seen the movie wayback. Even if this is not my most favorite classic movie (my favorite is the Labyrinth), I still bought the book today. Actually, I just chanced upon this book the other day when I was browsing the Sci-Fi/Fantasy section of a popular local specialty bookstore. I did not buy it, but instead I bought Stardust by Neil Gaiman. My interest in this book got re-kindled when fellow geeks from our online group talked about this. Speaking of the movie, I must admit when I re-watched it, I got bored. But I have respect for this movie because for more than 30 years, it has still remain a favorite in every family's home. I think I need to watch it again. The movie has a lot of moral lessons, and I'm sure that this book is also good to read as well. Relieve your memories of the beautiful Buttercup, and the dashing Westley. There are lots of funny moments in the movie.

Going back to the book. This deluxe edition is illustrated by Michael Manomivibul, and the story of course, is by William Goldman. He did struck gold with this story that he wrote. Who would forget these famous, catchy lines? "Inconceivable! As you wish!, and my name is Inigo Montoya, you killed my father! Prepare to die!" The deluxe edition is hard-bound. As you can see from the photo, the design is very intricate, and classy. The book has lovely illustrations. It is designed like a fairytale book indeed! If you want to know the complete story of 'The Princess Bride' then you should also grab a copy of this book. This is a must-have for all the fans.

No comments: