Monday, March 05, 2018

My Jareth Funko Pop Toy

  Finally! After waiting for almost 3 weeks. I received my Funko Pop Jareth. If you are wondering who Jareth is, he is one of the main character of the classic, 80's movie, Jim Henson's Labyrinth. This movie has left a mark on me. I really can't forget it. Before, I even bought the book that I saw in a local second-hand bookstore. Inside that book are Labyrinth movie photos. Too bad, I left that book in the house where I grew up.

Now, I have the Labyrinth vcd. The part that I remember fondly is the ballroom scene, wherein Sarah, wearing a beautiful gown, dances with Jareth. I find the character portrayed by the late David Bowie, kinda attractive. That's why I have a crush on Jareth. I also like storyline, Jareth the goblin king fulfills the wish of Sarah. I think Jareth has feelings for Sarah, its just that Sarah is oblivious to it. Argh! If I were Sarah, I'll go with Jareth, and we can be happy together with my baby brother Toby! He!hehe! That is... if I was Sarah!

Back to my new vinyl toy. This is kinda a huge Funko Pop for me. Because my first Funko Pop was the pocket pop keychain, Peanuts edition, Charlie Brown. This is the Labyrinth edition, Funko Pop Movies no. 364. Over-all I like the appearance of this Jareth, Funko Pop. Nice details on the jacket, necklace and the eye-shadow of Jareth is cool! Jareth is a goblin king, but I also have this theory that he's not a goblin. He is an elf. He is tall for an elf, and handsome too!

I also love all the songs performed by David Bowie in the movie, and I also love the ballroom scene, as the song 'As The World Falls Down' plays on. This is a kid-friendly movie. For me, this movie has also nice special effects because, it was the work of the late Jim Henson, creator of The Muppets. If you have not seen the movie, I suggest you see it now. You are definitely missing something!

No comments: